Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Trees

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com
 
 
Meters of life's progression
the Trees
The ones who watch and stand
guard, still and stubborn
Constant against wind, rain, sun
and the frozen tundra of Gaia's
Wintered slumber
They stand tall...towering
always?
 
Some are dying
Some are in great pain
Right before our very eyes
Our human designer shade
clad eyes
are shaded to the brutal truth
What do we do to assist the
ones who stand tall
Towering?
 
How sad when Evergreens
shall never again
be Green
Turning brown and brittle in the sun and rain
Unable to take the nourishment...
dying
As we stand by, small and
helpless at their death bed...watching
the demise
 
Let us care about the trees
Givers of oxygen
Givers of our very essential sustenance
The ones we climbed as children
Sitting in the naked nooks of
those limbs outstretched
Solving the problems of our own
little lives
The ones who shade us
when the long deep, hot day has
beaten us down
 
The trees are dying
It tears at my human heart
It
brings tears to my human eyes
My shades are off...allowing for the frenzied flow
down my cheeks
My passion has been pierced
The salt of my tears burning the
wound...soon to be a
scar
 
I ache to know
What to do...how do I help?
 
The trees
They still tower
but...for how long?
 
 
http://www.twistedrootstudios.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment