Sunday, June 23, 2013

Untouched By Time

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


My crazy ancestors live way out here in the
woods wild
They own no watches, they own no ego
Time, for them is real and realized as peace
Simply....sun and moon
in a dance of the days
and nights

They tower high in the wind
Shading and swaying within that
same wind, touched tender or torrential
For the wind is also my kin, a strong or gentle
lady sharing herself fully...in her many
forms....freedom in her movement
Her pace.... her own

I own my own pace.....timeless

They scurry over the ground and through
the brush
They swim in the ponds and lakes
They simply be, here...deep in the woods
My ancestors....crazy and wild
Untouched by time
The crush of time is not known
in the wild wood

The deer and bear
The squirrel, the chipmunk crossing
the dirt and rocky road
under my feet
The hawk and eagle over my head
Calling to me
"welcome back, sister"
The snake, slithering silently
into the dew painted
grasses

They have come to see me, too

Me, invited to this family reunion
Humbled to be there
Happy...as the gathering commences
Me, the red headed step child of this place...
sacred
Allowed, accepted
In the place that forgot
time....lil 'ol me


They allow me, for they know
I am one of them
Regardless of this human skin and lanky limbs
This vehicle temporarily housing
my liquid salty soul unseen to them
They allow me, as they know
I am family
And I need to forget time
while I laugh and cry and sleep
in the company
of my crazy ancestors

Lil 'ol me.....
Untouched by time

No comments:

Post a Comment