Monday, June 3, 2013

Over Easy




Dawn breaks, cracking open the shell of
the new day
The sun rising, yellow and local
like the yokes of the eggs
cooking in the house filled with love
Over Easy, easy...over and over
Turn me, tumble me
Easy

Awake..... grateful for their sweet slumber...
the Tribe is congregated
connected
Easy

Still vibrating from the ceremony the night
brought them
Laughter, love and the sound of souls
settling into one
another
once again

Aromas fill the air..
coffee and cinnamon
Smoke and fire
Breakfast and bodacious peace
Love is on the menu
this new day

I pen this poem wrapped in peace on the porch
Rocking, back and
forth....being
Grateful to hear them moving now, too
In the house filled with love
I will warm myself by the flames
dancing in their eyes

Woke early to herald the morn,
I did
My feet still wet with dew
after my stroll into the wood...still and dewy too
My heart alive in my post hunker
down hangover with my
mama
Gifted with the deep sleep I can only find
on the ground in a tent...raw
Easy...over and over

Shadows of the happy trees danced and darted
across the fabric of my humble home here
on the ground, dewy and perfectly placed
under the willow tree
that awaited me
Her branches gently brushed me awake
as she reached down....trailing her fingers
across the A lines of my abode

as the dawn broke
like an angel
singing silently

Yes, the house is filled with love
as is my heart
I hear the sounds of my soul mates
Making love sing bold and real in the
house filled with love

Senses full of the sights and sounds
of
the nuances and the old ways
we revive
Knowing we have known before
Cracking open the horizon of then
and now
Blending it all into a recipe we will
surely revive again

Next go round

For today....
this newly dawned dewy day...
Love is on the menu
Easy, over and over....Over
Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment