Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pride ala Mode

Pride and ego I am shedding
Fear I am befriending
Time to step out from this cycle never ending
To my truth I am ascending

Been stuck in the hole long enough
I dug the damn thing my damn self
Letting go of all the heavy, ugly, untrue stuff
Taking my life back, today "I" come off the shelf

Cuz pride and fear and ego still taste the same
Even if you cover them in ice cream
At the end of the day it matters not who is to blame
I need to stop my soul's deep dark scream

The silent scream that keeps me up all night
As I wrestle with the pain I'm towin'
Makes no difference who is wrong, or who is right
Today I am going to where my soul's been knowin'
I must go

To my truth I do ascend
Slow, focused and steady is my course
Ain't no more time now to pretend
I go directly to my own source

My truth lies just below the surface of my muddy water
No more attempts to sink it deeper
I like the me my truth is birthin'.. like a daughter
of myself, she is beautiful... I shall keep her

No more ice cream piled atop my ego and my pride
Today's the day I give up my life untrue, today the lies end
I live it raw and real, letting my truth out from deep inside
Becoming the true me, as to my truth I ascend

To my truth I do ascend
Slow, focused and steady is my course
Ain't no more time now to pretend
I go directly to my own source


http://www.twistedrootstudios.com

No comments:

Post a Comment