Sunday, April 21, 2013

Back and Forth for the Fourth Time

Family feast by the river side
The place our hearts and our souls collide
In peaceful prayer within the pattern that we trace
together

A pattern of pride and comfort
One that renders a creation newly birthed
Each time we collide and join in Illinois
together

Convergence of epic proportion
Unequaled to anything else we have known
Ever... in lives already extraordinary, magically more so when we are
together

The compass that is my heart beat points due south
My true north....the place I planted my peace
along with you....by the river by the boulders... rolling at the rocks
together

I am there, in my mind always
Soon my feet will feel the freedom of standing there
Full and strong in our place of peace planted
together

Seen again...eyes open fully or closed in deep respect
As we sing and sway to and fro, back and forth
Back for the fourth time
together




No comments:

Post a Comment