Sunday, April 28, 2013

Rhythm Section


http://www.twistedrootstudios.com

Rhythm section
Laying down the progression
of the notes of my composed selection
Playing for the masses, hoping for connection

My rhythm section mighty
Keeping the beat living inside of me
My truth on the pages, the melody and lyrics
Sing the songs, romance the rhetoric

Faces and places, all seem the same
The roads I have traveled run through my brain
My rhythm section.. keeping me grounded
As the cadence of the beat is repeatedly pounded

The rhythm section of my existence
My brain and my heart know no resistance
They lift and guide the song I am living
If I miss a beat..they are always forgiving

I have a rhythm section inside my soul
We all do... in case you've not been told
Find the pace... set the dance alive in your feet
Become the rhythm of your own inner beat

No comments:

Post a Comment