Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Center of My Circle




Labyrinth of love
Pattern for peace on a path
Winding and wrapping back on itself
Tracing and traveling my life
now and then...when....where?
Promise of a future....healing of a hole deep
in my heart
On this path to peace.....my path
My peace?
 
Manifesting this future that is my
menacing manipulated dream drenched
in the dogma and stigma of
others
My future is mine
unless I render it useless
by allowing others to live it
for me
Or by not allowing it to live
at all
 
Life support systems are go
I am hooked up to the machine
"beep, beep, beep"
the beat of my heart
But, who is listening to the bass line of my beat
Lifeless lady lost in a labyrinth
of  languished love
 
I pull the plug on the rusted respirator
that pumps lifeless love into my labored lungs
Checking my self out of the ICU
I see me......
And I am ALIVE!
"beep, beep, beep"  the cadence of the
alarm jolting me back to my life
 
New labyrinth, new path
New me
New day..everyday
Rapidly revived
Walking, winding and wrapping back and forth on my self
along the path to my inner peace
Fulfilling the promise
to live and love and breathe
On my own terms
Connected  and complete in the center of the circle of
MY LIFE
 
"beep, beep, beep"
Ge out da way.....
I am comin through!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment