Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Souls Near...Souls Afar



Life gets bitter, nasty and cold
Even in the harsh times, I need your truth to be told
Tell me to my face
Because the past you can never erase
Be bold and tell the truth
Take your neck out of that ever present noose

A noose of lies has been hanging from your neck
And now it tightens as you live in the regret
the lies have caused for you and your peeps
A hill you've got to climb, so daunting and steep
Lies are such a slippery slope to navigate
Often no end to the cycle they allow and instigate

So tell me to my face the truth that you know
Nasty is the power of a lie, do  not allow it to grow
Tell me to my face that you are true and real
Eventually your inner essence will be revealed
And I will believe that you are who you say you are
Or separate we'll be... souls once near... now afar

Tell me to my face, speak only truth from your lips
My truth is....I ain't got time for hypocrites

No comments:

Post a Comment