Saturday, April 13, 2013

Plans....

So much for the plan
You planned it down to the tee
But somehow early, we met our finality

My heart was light and oh, so ready
There was no final in my plan
What happened to spook you, man?

you found the gift of  my heart to be too heavy

I never gave you permission to carry my honest heart
I meant it when I said it was open, safe and free
You made selfish decisions that dishonored our synergy

I just wanted to love you a bit
To walk a path unhindered with expectations
You thought I gave you my soul and we got rejected

By the staunch and rigorous boundaries you place on your soul
I know no such restrictions to the love  that I share
So, you had to run and hide when you saw how deeply you cared

It's cool
We're cool.....sad, but true
I used to be there to tame that monster living inside of you

Now he's growing bigger and bolder each day
In his reclaimed domain under your bed frame
We had killed him off in the huge spark that birthed our flame

Feed the monster if you must
I wish you could learn to own and trust
The you I got to know in sacred bit and pieces

The you that knows that you deserve to be at peace as well
Life can not be strategically and carefully planned
Sometimes love suddenly grows between a woman and a man

And changes your course in the most delicious ways
It wakes you up from eons of loneliness so dark and deep
I hope you find what you want as you run back to your restless sleep

Perhaps your lonely dreams will teach you how to allow
a life where you honor your needs somehow
Cuz when you're running fast asleep, I no longer can show you how....










No comments:

Post a Comment