Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ocean Omnipotent

Riding the continual swell
Held captive in the disappointment
or released in the pure, sweet anointment
of emotions rolling, cascading, surrounding
Deep and dark blue
or the tender baby blue of the holy horizon
I am caught in the swell
between your heaven and your hell

Taken high on the wicked wind that fills
your sails
and dropped back down again relentlessly repeated
Sick to my stomach..retching
Or swirled in the splendor of your sea song
The rise and the fall in the storm so somberly sobering
as I fret for my freedom
Will I ever be free of the swell
between your heaven and your hell?

Dry land  I crave when the seas try to take me down
I want to stand on the steady tundra of my mother land
On the perfect day at sea, all is steady and safe
My liquid ground......in the sweet song of the breezes
When they are tender breezes
Comfort the causes of my disdain
How soon till they increase and steal my peace
Rolling and rocking out of control
My nightmare lived out on a delicate day
I need to be free of the swell between your heaven
and your returning hell

Be you your own devil or your own archangel
I know not
The tempest or the temptation... my nagging nemesis
for neither is the wife ...neither the mistress
Neither my hero or my villain
The sad void in between is my constant cantankerous companion
In your race to live in heaven, you pull yourself  back to
hell..the allure there, I do not understand
I surrender....I release my station....
I no longer captain this vessel vexed and violated
No longer do I travel the swells
between your heaven and your hell

A sailor on dry land now....my heart grows heavy
at the thought
Yet the prodding process to own my perfect peace
again....so strong
I long for the friend I was to myself
Awaiting the anointment of your friendship fleeting
Always swept away in the seductive swell
between your heaven and your hell

Goodbye, my sea...farewell, my fair maiden vessel
Off I am to discover new directions
New paths along your shore on terra firma
My feet firmly and fully realizing their connection
to this orb I have endlessly encompassed
I will speak of you boldly in the taverns and on trails
To whoever will listen to my tales
of knowing you.....ocean omnipotent
The beauty of your bountiful vast nothingness
and the stars strewn across the cosmic canvas of the indigo sky
My soul will sing of you in the deepness of the day
This same soul will heal in the night.....in dizzy dreams
and dangerous nightmares
And one glorious day, I will surely be saved from the swells
between your heaven and your hell








No comments:

Post a Comment