Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Grass is Green



 
Found in a valley, lush with life
aching for the pinnacle of a mountain peak

Living on a peak so high in the perfect, thin air
so wanting to sit below near a swiftly moving stream

Being where we are, we wish to be elsewhere
why is this such a human need.... to be where we are not now?

Can we not make the grass greener where we are
rather than lusting after greener grass far away

Today, I allow my now to be exactly what it is
I will befriend it once again

And in this renewed friendship with my life
I will assess, ascertain and adjust if needed

I may find that I am exactly where I am to be
perhaps it is where I want to be too

I am loved, I love back, I am a mother, a grandmother, a healer, a friend
There is growth in my valleys and great love on the peaks of my life

My grass is green


No comments:

Post a Comment