Saturday, November 10, 2012

Buried Treasure

I discovered myself upon your sand
Exploring your uncharted land
I, while walking your sacred ground
Uncovered your heart

the buried treasure that I found

Inside the chest were coins of gold
Tarnished, though, from pains now old
And gems of wisdom that sparkle and shine
You see them not, who made you so blind




To your own value... your own worth
Why would you hide so deeply in the Earth
When the sun longs to warm your pale skin
You belong up here with nature, all your kin

I dug you up, I pulled you up, I set you on your sand
Opened the chest and asked you to bravely take my hand
You honored me with your hand in mine
And gave to me the gift of your time

Often though, I feel you sinking, burying yourself again
I, with no map to know your location deep inside the land
My search I will continue, till my spade hits and finds its mark
The hardened wooden chamber where you hide inside the dark

I shall stay upon your scared, hallowed ground
Because you are

the buried treasure that I found




No comments:

Post a Comment