Friday, July 12, 2013

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah




I've never been one of those people
who can love you one minute
and hate you the next
That is not real love, then
Real love is a decision my head makes
and then tells my heart
My heart... the initial receiver... is pumping
fast so my head will hear the beat
and WAKE UP!
 
People are going to mess up the beauty
of love
We always will
We have a problem allowing the
ease and flow
It's the clean up that matters
A clean up in aisle 3
Get the mop, the bucket and the broom
No more mess
 
The problem arises when love is
misunderstood
She is not an emotion, but a decision
Emotions change like the shifting of the wind
A decision, once made... is solid
until I decide to shift the winds on
my own
 
Once I decide, I am there
Until I decide I need to make
another decision
Then I set about doing just that
 
I love my family
I love my friends
I love lovers
I love life
I love stones and rocks and trees
I love my oceans and rivers and creeks
 
I love
 
Yeah, it's that simple
Yeah, it's that complex
Yeah, it's that important
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Baby
LOL

1 comment: