Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Carry On The Song

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


I would wait till the trees stop growing
If it was the right thing
to do

I would be in love with you

I would be here till the fire burned
me to my core
If it were the right thing
to do

I would walk this life with you

I would be the one who holds you
when life gets too deep
If it were the right thing
to do

I would, in all ways, hold you

It's been too long now
Tainted time took it all away
It was the wrong thing for time
to do

Now I move on with a different you

Love lived for as long as it could
Wishing it longer
Does not make it so
It is the wrong thing
to do

Know that once I was in love with you

Longer than all of life itself
I will own the peace
shared when it was right
The trees will remember us there
They sing about it sometimes
when their leaves dance
in the wind
For they know it is the right thing to do

They carry on the song my
heart sang 
when I was in love
with you

No comments:

Post a Comment