Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yet...Still Moving

Plunged into the past
so deeply 
last night
Hit me so hard

No warning, it just came
like a brick wall
I, lost... as the faces and places
tumble through my brain

A dream this morning
of life as it was
Long, so very long ago
It follows me..now

Mom and brother alive
Sister out searching for me
I, lost like a little lamb
Yet, I found my own way home 

Songs and memories haunting me
I let them come
How else do I purge the past
that came stealing into my peaceful present

Be here with me...past
torment me
tease me
teach me
then.... retreat

I will take the memories out
and live them again
Heal... and place them back in the albums
of my mind

Peace I will know once more
As forward movement is gifted back to me
Living the now
As the past is left behind me, yet...still moving

Return again you will...past
My soul knows this
and I know I need to honor you
when you knock on the door...

When the wall appears, suddenly... unannounced
abruptly

Songs and memories will haunt me
I will let them come
How else do I purge the past
that comes stealing into my peaceful present

Little lamb found floundering in her past
once more







No comments:

Post a Comment