Sunday, March 31, 2013

Listen and Learn....or (Quit Harshing My Mellow)

I am not a religious person, I gave it a shot...a full and powerful shot for many years. I got my faith shot away by humans. Something as sacred as truth can not be manipulated by humans and properly honored. So, I stepped away and healed and decided to be who I know myself to be. A person who accepts that to be human is to be flexible and caring, even to those who own opposing thoughts to mine.

So, today, on the day of "rising from the dead", I ask for us all to revive our love for each other. The basic love for each other, a love of acceptance for our differences. Let's face it.....the ability to disagree is one of the pieces of ourselves that is unique. So fucking what if I choose to live in a world where love meanders through all I know life to be. Perhaps you feel that is a pipe dream, and we need to be fighting over our differences. It's my pipe dream then, and you are not invited to partake. So be it.

Choices.....yes? It's ultimately what we are arguing about. You go over there and fight, quit harshing my mellow. Go over there and isolate yourself amongst the ones who look like and talk like you do. I live in a world of diversity, thank you very much. It is my choice....

At the end of the day, we are, at our core....different. Leave me with my pipe dream......because if you were drowning next to me in a raging river, I would attempt to save you. I would save you, not because you are the same or different than I, but because that is who I am. It is who I know myself to be. If you would save me or  not is up to you. At times, I feel leaving this place would be a gift. So, if, in the final moments of our apparent demise, I tell you to let me drown....then let me drown. Do NOT save me because that's what Jesus would want you to do, or because you had a sudden surge of empathy for me. Save me if it is who you are, if not....let me die. I am clear within my soul. I am good with myself. I am cool, it's all good. I know who I am.

Something tells me that in this moment of possible death, you might over look my differences. Why not do that now.....let's not wait till we are almost dead, huh? Revive the love NOW.

 If you feel the need to ridicule me for my ways, then allow me to have the same freedom. The thing is, I won't ridicule you for your "beliefs". I have better things to be and do, like live my life the way I want to live it.

If you are a follower of a religion or a religions person, or paradigm....ask your self this: If your religious entity was sitting with you right now, what would you discuss? Love, Peace and Acceptance..right? Would you really waste time discussing politics or presidents, or polls or pot or marriage or who is right or wrong? Think about it. Seems to me you'd be basking in the glory of the love you feel overwhelmed by. Why not access this love as omnipotent NOW? Tis how I know it. We are wrapped in love, always, and we are all wrapped in the same love...universal and unconditional. It's  humans who fuck love up. Let's un-fuck it today, on the day devoted to "rising from death".

In closing I would like to say, no one argues over chocolate bunnies. Today, I will sit with a chocolate bunny and feel the love ! And I expect you to do what feeds you today. How about we do it with respect for the love that lives between us like the invisible wind? Just leave me to my chocolate bunny as I leave you to what ever you wish to do and be. So be it.

Dan said...."it's only when you listen that you learn". Listen to your own soul today.. what do you learn in the listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment