Monday, March 4, 2013

Honor The Trail

Behind the canoe
is a trail
a tiny wake in the water
Under my feet, a path
trodden down and packed tightly
supporting my journey
Honor the trail
Honor the wake
Honor the place you were
From the place you are now

I name my trail
Significant
I traveled the path
I felt it shifting
below my feet
attempting to adapt
Caught unaware by the
loss it would be
Should the trail
change and fail me

It did not fail
it over flowed
Rendering it impassable
at this point
Flooded and taken over
by the elements
The significance
shifted
as did the course
and the terrain
of my trail
Under water
Over extended
Worn out welcome

Kali entered, course shifted

The intersection appeared
I turning to the East
You West
My sun rose, yours set
All parts of the same reality
Yet opposite intentions....
honor the course
honor the trail
Welcome the shift of significance

It matters...
this trail we navigated
together
It matters that we travel
in new directions now
It is Significant

I wanted you to know
that I know this
and
I
Honor
this
Truth
I honor the significance
of our walk



http://www.twistedrootstudios.com




No comments:

Post a Comment