Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gitche Gumee Warms....Slightly



The orb of warmth rises slowly over the little town
with the crooked streets
The ocean’s mighty scion
Warms, slightly
She wakes
Within in me
Welling up as desire deeply seeded

Standing on the icy shore
Of the lake
Named Gitche Gumee
My heartbeat matches the
Slaps of the frigid liquid
life hitting the stones and the sand below them
They’ve  been licked
Soft and round
By her relentless
bath
of the ages
The water freely flows over them
Smoothing the angles and edges
Like the tender skin of a child fragrant
From a day of play in the sun
The orb of warmth

Drum beats slowly
Gaia’s heartbeat vibrates
out across the great expanse
of this body of life flanked by
cliffs alive and rocky, rigid
yet moving in the deep wind
The sound waves venture out over the frozen frontier
Only to come in again
To the place
just before the toe
of my boot meets this mighty wet woman lake
I am en-vibed with her own deep burning desire
creating hot, moist steam as it meets
her
frozen
wisdom

The drum’s beat in tempo and intensity increases
as the steam settles and heats my soul
I hear her mighty voice
as
She says to me…
“Enter, step in…the one of harmony
Let me harmonize you
My dear kindred
Heart child
Let me lick your wounds
Soft and round.
Let me smooth the angles
And the edges”

As I pulled away from the allure of the
frozen waves..
drum in my hand
Song in my ears
Beauty restored to my soul
I caught the fragrance
Of my own skin...
It was the smell of
the tender skin of a child fragrant
from a day of play in the sun

The orb of warmth
Warmed me, slightly
Today
As I shared space with
The ocean’s mighty scion
And it was all I could have ever
needed and wanted
As I stood in the embrace of
The orb that warms...
slightly

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com

No comments:

Post a Comment