Friday, March 15, 2013

Mixed Smoke Signals



Standing on your hill
message in your mind
Me waiting on low ground
for the signals to appear

The fire is built
the wind is monitored
the heat rises
the blanket wet and ready

The signals come
in puffs of smoke, but I can't
determine their 
meaning
What's going on?

How do I respond to mixed smoke signals
You say one thing and your actions
say another
and I am standing confused
unable to read the signals sent
in your smoke and mirrors

Your smokey, unclear intentions
occlude the sight in all my eyes
and I must look away to
clear them

Tearing up my all seeing eyes
as I am briefly blinded
in your melange of muted
smoke signals

Smoke's gotten in my eyes long enough
we need to clear the air
build a new fire
together

Smoke the pipe of peace
burn the sage
and smudge this communication
breakdown

We heal the miscommunication
Open the channels
Release the disclarity
with this ceremony

Smoke screen lifted
Clarity gifted
No more grieving
Clear messages we are receiving









No comments:

Post a Comment