Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Lamp Unlit

Dark messenger
I am hungrily hunted 
by the shadow you are over
my head
hung low and lazy
Why do you taunt me so?
Your half laugh full of teasing haunts me to 
my core
Why do you seek me out, dark crow?

As I turn my gaze in all directions
you are there
Everywhere, I can not escape you
Your persistence annoys me
Yet, I am intrigued
Dark crow followin' me
Why?
What?
How long till I am rid of YOU

Have you not a nest to tend to?
Are you not needed by some other
creature dark as yourself?
Ah, I am such a creature you say?
You have come to teach me
Sly and seductive, dark one....are you

Instantly, I know, this is true
I have not been running from you, 
winged wonder
But, instead, my own fears
My own insecurity
My own inner crow, taunting

Tell me
Show me
Wake me to the beauty and peace
of the still darkness
I have run from in such blinding light
I forgot to honor
the respite of the cool night 
Did I ever honor it?

Teach me
I honor it
Now

Darkness dim and dangerously delicious
and real
I see more clearly with my third eye in the 
deep indigo night
All is known to me, here

Thank you......messenger illuminating my path
with the lamp
unlit



No comments:

Post a Comment