Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beauty of the Beast

His ride
 

Pretty bike, caught my eye
Approaching, I felt the draw and I soon knew why
A relative of a ride I once owned and respected a lot
Was sitting there in the freaking parking lot

Reminded me of the past chrome and steel
The BEAST we called her, such sex appeal
But, she had the soul of the devil deep
Tried to kill me twice, my soul she did not reap

I just couldn't let it go
The owner of this bike, I had to know
So, I returned with a quest... inside
to the bar, such a crazy, beautiful dive

Showed Joe the pic I snapped while outside
"What does this remind you of? " I asked with a lil pride
"Looks a little like the beast" was his answer to me
Glad he saw it too, glad that he agreed

So, I was off on my quest to find its keeper
I had one question to ask, I was a seeker
You see, we never knew how The Beast had begun her life
Before she was chopped up and had gone under the knife

Finally found him in the sea of bodies
"Hey, dude, is that your shovel outside? Sorry to bother"
"Yeah, it's mine, what's it to ya" was his attitude
As I told him my story....he relaxed and became less rude

I asked him the question that always made me a bit insane
And I laughed out loud when the answer came
"So, I have to know, what's the model number"
"No idea,the title says Unassembled, so I too, wonder"

The Beast had no titled model designation as well
My question died in that moment, frozen in hell
So, I asked him if he'd fire her up and we walked outside
In a kind of suave routine, my request he obliged

As she was cracked alive, into awake
I realized the past was no mistake
I had an opportunity to say goodbye
to The Beast, the memory of her had not yet died

The recognizable "blub... blub... blub" of the shovelhead engine
Made me laugh, a verbal visitation from motorcycle heaven
"Yep, she used to do that", I said... "the sputter and spit"
"Like she was gonna die, but she was just giving me shit"

I let him tell me about his bike for a bit before I shook his hand
"Thanks for waking her up and for being here tonight, man"
I went back to dance and get funky, not having a care
As I caught a scent familiar... the musk of her exhaust in my hair

Olfactory recall.....deep, crazy.... full on elation
As I danced to Cebar and the band...soul purification
A visitation of the past, gave me such peace
As I wore the perfumed exhaust of m' lady, The Beast
 

The Beast









No comments:

Post a Comment