Tuesday, May 28, 2013

As The Wood Slowly Stirred




Life stirs slowly on this morn, cool and crisp
Life.... the sleepy bear awakening from long slumber in her
safe, warm earth cocoon
Black crows lurking like long winged shadows
Boldly shriek in chaotic cacophony
Owing their tree top...swaying as the branches support
their cantankerous bodies
Sharply stating "mine, mine...stay away, mine!"

The Shaman of the woods, wise Woodpecker drums in repeated
frenzied beat
Taking my brain on a journey deep on this day also
deep
The drumbeat calls to the sun, as she hides behind the
muddled white cloud cover
Shine here, later, she will....when she too, wakes
on this morn cool and crisp

Awaken...soul cool and crisp as the morn
Awaken!
Shaken awake am I as the wood slowly
stirs

Winged wind creature awaited me...as she hung like a sweet, delicate
fuzzy fruit from a gentle branch
Tiny toes inserted between the netting
so sweet and soft in her slumber
Faced the daylight, she did, to tell me of my darkness
soon to be revealed
The dark depths of my mother, the Sea
awaited me in ways never before
expressed
In the reveal, the revolution whispered to my
soul these past years
Now becomes my melded mission
They surface soon....
Prepare, prepare!
This bat, mysterious and magical
followed me to make sure
I knew this is real
Pay attention, woman....you see me
Honor me, for I faced the light,
leaving my darkness to gift you.....honor
me
Watch me fly, watch my webbed wings open
for you
Webbed ones live in the Sea too
This you know...the time has come to own
it

Gaze drawn to the brambles.....the she sun
shining to the spot I must visit
She shines to show me the way I must
travel
Obey I must, I do
There...in the clearing pristine....
the bones of the deer
From the death comes the rebirth
Honor the bat, the bones, the wings and the
wind
Your gift... the faceted vertebra....leave the others....
do not touch
The command whispered clearly in my head

And then, the wind did visit me
High, she sang....in the tops of the trees
the Crows gone now, flown away in the sun
lest they be seen fully before they
wished to be
Brief and bold, she spoke to me
Be still, Harmony....you are in the correct place. Honor you
I do....if you can accept such honor deep and safe

Thank you, bat, bones, wings and wind
I hear you
I feel you
I touched death in the bones
I allow new life of the Sea
Surface.....
I prepare myself

Shaken awake, my soul, as the wood slowly
stirred


No comments:

Post a Comment