Sunday, December 8, 2013

Singing My Solo

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com
 
I laughed until I cried
I sang until the song died
I was singing my solo..... suddenly
No one standing beside me
 
I asked for this, remember
As the awareness of mid November
Blew across my ageless face
Once aglow in blended gratitude
and grace
 
Traveling away from my imposed shell
Once again it is time, I may as well
Move forward on the presented path
I've been washed clean in the sacred
soul bath
Of being where I was sposed to be
For the now yellow-edged years
trailed out there
behind me
 
Time to step out into the snow outside 
my
window pane
Not so long ago, the window knew the
touch of rain
As do my cheeks right now, tender tears
The reflections of all the memories birthed
in all those years
They trail my aging face
Leaving their tracks, their trace
 
In their reflections...I realized.....I was
rejoicing in
the fact
that:
 
I laughed until I cried
I sang until the song died
I was singing..... alone suddenly
No one standing beside me


No comments:

Post a Comment