Sunday, December 29, 2013

In The Timber Deep

 
http://www.twistedrootstudios.com
 
 
Place me in the timber
deep
The trees will sustain
me
The wind will sing my
songs to
me
At the end of a day as long
as the shadows
cast
in the sun's silent
setting
 
Let the coyotes call to me
in the night deep
Let my path partners be
the deer
the bear
the pheasant
the snake
the spider
Above me, the hawk...
circling
 
Let me lose my self in
the leap of
the flames of the
fire
Cares cauterized....
Burned
away in fingers orange
and embers red
Anew each time I sit
with the spirits
of the air.....ablaze...aglow
alive
 
Yes, place me in the timber
deep
My lonely soul sings!
Revived
from the beauty
of being alone and gently
still
For I am never lonely
when
I am deep in the timber
 
Come and see me, there
with the wind and
the wood
With the deer and the
bear
The pheasant and the
snake
The spider and the
hawk
 
Walk the land with me
Witness the sun's setting as she
paints
the planet
with
shadows long and lazy

Sleep near the flames...orange
Wake to the embers...red
 
Place your self in the timbers
deep
beside me

No comments:

Post a Comment