Sunday, December 15, 2013

Caught in the Crossfire






These days.....
I find myself
lost
Eternally high
Yet my internal tide....
at low ebb
Turning to the right
Needing to go
left
Craving less
Seeking more
These days
I am caught in the
crossfire

Stalled
or
Super charged
Introspective
or
Outer spaced
Pensive
or
Proactive
Lonely
in a sea of
souls
Or drowning in the
noise of
over connection

Caught in the
Crossfire
of
what I have allowed
and what I must
disallow
The push and the
pull
The rite of passage
and the
wrong ways passed
by

Soon, I will call for a
cease fire
Or, perhaps, I must die
to the old ways
and allow my rebirth
Let the silver bullets render
me dead
In the remains of the
me I was
The me I am morphing into
shall rise

No longer caught in the
crossfire of the feuding crowds
But, risen above the
war of souls
High and steady at
full tide
Riding the waves....alone
Never lonely
Satisfied with my
self
And just like that
I shall be free

Cease fire.....
The end of a 52 year
war
The soldier returns home
to
her
self




No comments:

Post a Comment