Friday, August 23, 2013

The Depths of TIme....Invested




A friendship.....
built on similarities
As we learn to honor the
differences
Takes the toils, triumphs and
sometimes tantric teasings
of time
Thank you, kindred soul 
for spending
your precious time
on me

I intend to become a fine 
investment
One in which you have banked
your trust
your peace
your smile
your tears
I intend to grow a garden
of light and laughter
Sun and shadows
Brilliant beams of
golden
gleamings
The soothing synergy of 
shade

Never fear
for
If we should encounter a
sudden storm
We shall see it through
together

In times of abundant sun
we shall flourish
And...where the sun warms the
soil
The seeds we have planted
Will BURST alive
Bearing the fragrant fruits of this
friendship we are growing
and building
Deep
in the depths
of invested time

In the warmth of our walk
together
Is the promise of perpetual
peace

You are my investment
and I.... yours
Time and sun and rain
our companions
Some souls may be lost at sea
along the journey's
treachery
But not so with you
and me
as we ride this ship
christened "FRIEND"

No comments:

Post a Comment