Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Stilts




Energy flowing in
Moving away
Connecting us all
Keeping us apart

The dark
The light
Pieces of each other
Unable to exist without
one another

You and I
The same in structure
Double helix DNA
Liver, Kidney, Heart
Yet, so individual
We are truly ourselves
only

I am you in some ways
Me, in all ways
Always

We just gotta figure out a way
for all of this to be okay
Because, it ain't gonna change
Ever

So, realize, I am as much me
as you are you
And I depend on you, and you
on me
To make it through this thing
we call life

We celebrate our similarities
And we honor our differences
We care as much about the guy
with no home
As we do about the mansion
on the hillside
Awaiting the destruction
of the landslide

Really.... who builds
on stilts?
Come on, people

We are all parts of each other
If you disallow me, you disallow
you
Think about it
We are here being human
Human beings
Doing inhumane things
We have built our legacy
on stilts
As we await the inevitable
landslide
Come on, PEOPLE!


No comments:

Post a Comment