Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Soul-ution






Lyrics sung by the wind's gales
Deep rhythm provided by the wisdom filled whales
Top beat tapped out by the waves on the hull
Occasional high pitched screams of the scavenging gulls
A concert for my soul

Carry me away, my soul-ution
Sail me far from the thought pollution
of the lamenters, those who are land lost
I cut loose the labor and reckon the cost
Free am I among my brethren
Here on the sea,the reckless reverend
At the altar of my church alone
Raw and real, flesh and bone
Air and water meet
My soul-ution, once more complete....
content
Humble minister, feeling a bit irreverent

Ancient Sea Days
Meet my modern ways
Blending at the horizon pink
Once again I can quietly think
And plan and forget
Integrate gratitude, shed regret
In the lift and sway
As I step out of my own way
I am truly and fully home
As I ride the waves of my sea.....
alone

No comments:

Post a Comment