Thursday, March 6, 2014

In a Heartbeat



Hypnotized
by
the smoke of those eyes
The mirrors of our pasts
instantly aligned....
reflecting
My soul to yours....
genuflecting
A soul on bended knee
Honoring the one....
my destiny
Transported from our long ago
centuries
To this moment,
this now
Weak in my knees, but
I remained standing....
somehow

To my trusted
friend I did turn
I spoke to him of the invisible truth
returned.... relearned
"I'd go there, if you catch my drift"
Unknown that one fine day
I would open the gift
of that moment that sat still.....
lingering
As angels waited..... playing our song.....
lightly the frets fingering

I fell in love in
the middle of the street
Two gypsy souls wandered
back again
To be bathed in the breezes
To stand in the stillness when the
wind ceases
Real, not a mirage conjured up
by the heat
It all went down in
the synapse of a single
heartbeat

No comments:

Post a Comment