Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Nothingness of Everything

He held her close
taking in the scent of her hair...kissing her long neck
Pulling her deeper into his
longing embrace

She leaned gladly and gratefully into his frame
Letting go her fears
Opening her heart and her mind to him
The dance began

The dance of this life once lonely
Now endless possibilities
became their dance floor
They flowed across the floor

as 
it 
fell 
away

Sweetly suspended in the nothingness
of everything they felt
in that moment
not falling....floating.....freely 

He awoke from this dream of dancing
smile on his face
Still sensing her scent
and seeing himself reflected in her eyes

How did she get me to dance?
I don't dance
How did she get me to hold her?
I do not hold on

How did she get me to reveal my hand?
I play it close and tight
How does she know me so well?
She knows my tells...how?

Clever gambler, he thought
She sees with her heart
She knows before the game begins
and still she plays

Win or lose
I'm all in... he told himself
Damn...
I'm in love with a gambler

The smile grew wider on his face
as 
he 
fell
back
to
the
sweet
suspended
nothingness
of 
everything
he 
felt
in 
that
moment







No comments:

Post a Comment