Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reassembled

Saying goodbye
                   tore me apart
Tears...a part of life now
I am now blown apart
and some day must reassemble?
Leave me in my pieces

I am scattered out there...blown on the wind
You flew away and I am here, I don't feel myself anywhere
I attempt to make sense
of the nonsensical situations
of this life

Numb and full of pain
dark days and dark moods
Darkness... the only time I can cry
no one will see the tracks in the dark
I must reassemble

How do I gather all the pieces of my broken
heart and soul
How do I continue and move forward
Today....I do not move, I stay in the fetal position
I have come to know again

The days go by
                      the seasons change
The birds sing my name
                     I swear I heard them sing my name

And....a smile found my face after so long this morning
I recalled the things you said to me
I heard you say them and saw your face
I listened to your silence and heard the wisdom
you always shared with me
Can I reassemble?

I can and I will reassemble
but not today
Today..I will be in pieces
and soon, in my dreams
you will enter and put me
back together

And I will be reassembled
except for the pieces you took with you 
when you flew away

See you in my dreams, love




No comments:

Post a Comment