Tuesday, January 22, 2013

For A While

I called you from some distant place
My past, my future
I think you called me too
I heard you
and along the way
I met you

my co-star for a while

Taking on our roles
rehearsing...learning the lines
Hitting the stage
and taking our bows
as co-stars

Until the road called

And suddenly we are off again
new lines, new scripts
new stages
new stars, new paths
stars alone, made better

by co-starring for a while

Take your bow
as I take mine....
in towns and cities
separate
accolades and reviews
in all the rags

A while is long enough
if we let it be
It is what we were gifted
and it is what
releases us now

On the world stage we stay
connected
while honing our craft
in towns and cities
separate

We were co-stars
We let it be enough
until we are called from our distance places once more
and again...perhaps... there will be no distance

for a while




No comments:

Post a Comment