Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Malady

Left with a blank page
as he stands upon the empty stage
In the beaming spotlight blaring
I stare at him, my soul is tearing
apart
Waiting still, but no words does he impart

Forgot his lines, the actor on the stage
I am left with my steeping rage
that has reduced to anger, then deep sadness
Then twisted hope as I wrangle with the madness

that has become my malady

Now it's deeper in the daily place with my soul mentor
In the relationship I was only a renter
of the space he gave so reluctantly
The songs that were ours are now painful memories

of what may never be.... the bitter truth of my malady

The show must go on...."hey, buddy, break a leg"
We must not curse the production while we are in the dregs
As the climactic scene draws near,
the audience hushes
All I can hear
is my heartbeat in my ears as it vibrates and rushes

His grand moment has come....the words must be said
Alas, nothing flows from his mouth, his lines are dead

The dead words live within me.... my malady

Ah, as it goes, the show got dropped and so did I
I can't forgive him and get clear if I don't know why
he chose to flee the role as leading man...perhaps he got bored
When they hand out the statues, he will receive no award

and I will be left with unspoken lines in the from of a ticket stub

the paper trail of my malady




No comments:

Post a Comment