Monday, December 31, 2012

No One Pretended

Hey, fellow humans
We ain't dead, we are still here
Let's say we begin with some positive choices
so we can peacefully persevere

We didn't die and I'll tell ya why
Cuz we've got messes to clean up.. friends
We've got a planet to reforest and restore
And all the planet's life to support and mend

We've got people with no food to eat
and people who have nothing... no hope inside
Battling to live against people who have it all
We won't make it till we kill our senseless pride

Let us strangle the battle between us.... kill it off dead
Then we can live in harmony as it was always intended
We'll leave a legacy for those that follow
We cared about each other fully.... no one pretended

Cuz in the end, when it shows up for each of us
All we'll see is the life we chose... the life we actually lived
At the end of my life here...I'd like to know I honored others
I'll know I allowed myself to take and I allowed others to give

Give to me
                      I thank you
by giving back
                                       It's that simple, people

Let's do this thing and go home.......


No comments:

Post a Comment