Saturday, December 22, 2012

Paint it Pink

The sun rise glows in the sky
painting the sky pink
It is another dawning day.. watching the hours go by
and I just can't clearly think

You have come and awakened me
painting my heart pink
Knowing the tune and where the words should be
without each other, we are out of sync

Please take your paintbrush and paint the world
paint the world pink
Perhaps then, our wings can unfurl
this may be the missing link

If we lived in a perfect place
if the place were painted pink
Maybe we could match our pace
and the distance between us would shrink

Until then.. I paint a road to your pink heart 
I paint the road also pink
There may be no end to this masterpiece I start
So to brush and palette I become linked

The challenge is laid out grandly before us
we paint the challenge pink
Your brush and mine painting the words to the chorus
As these words and the tune become distinct






No comments:

Post a Comment