Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Canvas Known as the Sky




The balmy breeze sends the clouds
slowly slumbering across the sky
as they gently gaze up gratefully
from the ground they rest upon

Fingers entwined
Smiles strewn across faces
Time standing subtly still
a memory manifesting

"I see a tree" she whispers..
pointing upward to the meandering marshmallow clouds
"So do I" he says
"It's like the one we sat by that day"

"Uh huh" she returns
The soon to set sun streams upon them 
as it moves across the canvas
known as the sky

"I see you and me" He laughs
"There, see us?" 
"yes, I do...let's never leave" She teases
"You and me together in the sky, always"

Now each day their gaze
greets the sky
Never alone...always slowly slumbering
across the canvas known as the sky


No comments:

Post a Comment