Monday, October 15, 2012

Faces

The faces of our soul
Countless personas we present
Runnin so we don't get old
Holding on to the times we resent

Faces happy, faces sad
Gorgeous, frightening or grim
In shadows or masks they are clad
Hiding ourselves in limited lighting dim

The face we share will indicate our truth
in a situation with a foe, lover or friend
I sometimes feel like a sultry sleuth
Attempting to offer love but afraid to offend

The face of fear I shed so long ago
Why now, does its gaze reflect in my mirror
It gets cloudy and cold and  I miss you so
Longing for and wanting you here, near

I just want you near
I once again shed my fear
Daily if needed
Loneliness the only thing we have cheated
And a love like ours is never defeated
It grows and guides, sustains and nourishes
and in the spaces we create it flourishes
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment