Thursday, March 24, 2011

Losing and Winning all at the same time?

Even losing men can win.
How true and poignant! Do you realize that in the losing you can win?
That in the making of mistakes you can actually learn to make the right decisions the next time?
Maybe it's the wrong way, but you may never know until you try, until you head off in a direction that you feel led and test the waters.

I love how Dan speaks about how he and his love went the long way, tasting all that came with that process. Learning painful and joyful lessons along this long way they were traveling together. He realizes as he closes the song, that even though things did not work out for them, that if they should try again one day.....they would repeat the process of "going the long way". That the pain was worth it, the joy was accepted, and they wouldn't do it any other way.

I challenge you to look back at a situation in your past where you went the long way and spend some time honoring this experience.
Ask yourself these questions....
1. What was painful?
2, What did the pain teach me?
3. How have I learned to release the pain?
4. Have I released the pain?
5. What joy did I experience?
6. What did that teach me?
7. Do I allow joy in my life now?
8. How do I continue to allow joy and share that joy with others?

Use this as a meditative practice,and see if you can make peace with your past and connect it your present walk so you can create the future you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment