Wednesday, March 9, 2011

All about the Journey......

These songs make me think of the journey Joe and I embarked upon our way back to Minnesota from California. We had moved to Northern California, San Francisco, actually to begin a new life.Our plans were short lived, though, and we were called back to Minnesota. The pain we felt about this unseen cog in the wheel that was our lives, was very difficult to release and transform. However, I realize today that we have actually done just that.....transformed the pain into a new future.

We have now been back here longer than we were gone. May 8th will mark 3 years since we returned to the place we had left in our rear view mirrors.
It has taken a long time, but we have healed from the experience of "impossible odds" we found ourselves held  against, and we have created a newer, refreshed life here this time around.

In the midst of a crisis, we only see what is in our sites to see. Our vision is narrowed by fear, anguish and frustration, often sadness.
I am thankful our sight has expanded, and we clearly see that home is not where you live, but who you live with. It is the people you love and the others you encounter along the way, the experiences you cherish and those you that would rather soon forget that pave the road home, no matter where you find yourself. Life is about living, and we certainly did that!

On our trip home again to the North, we stopped in Aspen and I played these songs as we drove into the city limits. Back then, I had no idea how important Dan's music was to become to the writing practice I was struggling to achieve. Danspirations were not yet in my field of inner vision......Peoria 2010 was the event that sparked this collaboration I so greatly welcome as a part of my everyday life now.

I could feel Dan there, in CO; in the very stone and ridges of the mountains that looked like they were formed by Giants pushing against them. I could imagine his misty breath in the cool, crisp air; and sense his joy at the Natural Beauty that surrounded us as we stood entranced at the view.

Little did I know I was heading back to a deeper, stronger connection to him, a very comforting reunion with my family, and my future awareness of the DanFam that was soon to be formed. What is in our sites to see NOW is endless possibilities, and limitless potential.......and we found these hidden treasures with a journey that began when we left CA in our rear view mirrors. Sigh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment