Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Defeats dodged.....then what?

How much of your time, your life is spent dodging defeat?
"Why do bad things always happen to me?"
"How come I can't catch a break?"
"I'm always the one who gets crapped on"
"My life sucks"

So much precious time can be wasted in statements like the ones above. There are simple yet very profound elements at work here. It's true that you get back what you vibe out.

I once loved someone who greeted the day as the alarm when off with one word....."fuck". As if to say, "Oh, no, another awful day awaits me"  And, sure enough......it did.
He created exactly that.....an awful day. I am sure that if I were to see him today, he would be in the same mode, the same hole, the same place. And all the while, blaming someone else, something else, some other person, place or thing as the root cause of his all consuming disdain.
When, in all truth and actuality....he is the culprit, he was and is the one who narrowed his own focus so acutely that all he saw for himself EVERY DAY was shit around each corner. He stepped in the dog shit of his own creation over and over and over.
I was married to this man, and for countless days and years, I enabled him to live in his pity party existence, until one fateful day. This day probably began like all the others....except, this would be the day I WOKE UP to my own truth.

I send love and healing to this sad, lost man; but I released any responsibility for his awareness or his healing long ago. I hope that when he sees the moon at night, he can wish upon it.  Somewhere in the depth of himself I hope he knows all is not lost, and that one day, he too will WAKE UP!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome, Harmony! One of the hardest things to overcome is the feeling that we can "help" someone to "see the light". Doesn't happen until they "open" their own eyes to what can really be! You are the coolest!

    ReplyDelete