Monday, September 30, 2013

Dust and Ashes

 
 
 
Blown away
bit by painful
bit
Overt
Ounce by
ounce
Fretting
Fiber by
fiber
Insatiable incubus...
Inch by
inch
 
On foot
In the woods
deep
From myself no secrets
can I keep
Blown away in the wind
wicked and wild ....
or whispering
my self
to
me
 
She shifts as I too
shift
From dreamy to
desperate
Glee to
guile
As I trek the
rooted mangled
miles
Of fallen leaves and
rising hopes
The noose around my neck
gone
The rancid rope
held
So tightly
around
my vibrating voice
 
It is free now, open
and I am.....
blown away
 
I found ME in the center
of the circular
labyrinth
And burned the old one
I was
As I left her in a heap
of ash and delicate
dust
At the mouth of the
wooded trail
Leaving strong, though
somewhat
frail
 
Sister wind will capture the ashes
and the dust
Mingled with those of
my trail mate
By now, the mighty maiden
wind has blown away
the ashes and the dust
Of the
trek on the trails
of the
two of us
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment