Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sit 'Em Down Straight

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


The blues be ridin
me deep today, man
Casting me deeper
into the deep blues sea
Sinkin' in da waves all around me

When the waves of blues
tumblin' all over me
I got choices about what to do
I can sink in the salt
never knowin' what they all about
Or I can sit 'em down straight
For a deep talk to relate

"what you want with me today
blues so heavy I can't carry it all?"
Lay it out for me, then gits away
I got things to do, no time to fall

Then my blues say one thing or another
That they is mine, or the load of a hurtin brother
Then I can make a choice bout how to let go
and move on in the way most apropos

The blues is a healer in a life sung in color
They show ya what lies deep inside
Next time they shows to you in multi druthers
Sit down wit 'em.... aint no use in tryin ta hide

They gonna find you, it's a part of life
Befriend 'em when the waves hit ya deep
Blues ain't no demon, or the devil's wife
Just a promise to yourself ya needs ta keep

Keep it real, keep it open
Ride the waves of the deep blues ocean
Pretty soon, with all dat wisdom you glean
You be singin' reds and pinks, purples and greens

"what you want with me today
blues so heavy I can't carry it all?"
Lay it out for me, then gits away
I got things to do, no time to fall





No comments:

Post a Comment