Thursday, September 5, 2013

And I Cried



http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


I stood on the mountain top
alone in the mist
I called out your name
and let the vibes cover me...
bathe me
As your name came back around in an
echo bath...holding me
I cried then
for you and I cried for me

I feel so alone as you fold your wings
Landing in a land that does not
honor you
But you landed, no longer in
flight beside me
Your wings too tired and true
to allow the freeing heights
to which we soared
I miss my friend
I must honor your decision.....
and I cried

The air up here is thin
I am dizzy and weak from the reality
of being here...alone
Altitude sickness
High above the clouds
I wish I could stop and drop
plummeting through the wind
wild and free
I wish a cloud would catch me....
hold me up, make me laugh
Like my friend
used to
But, you are not a billowy
cloud of comfort
You are thin like the air
up here
You have landed
you are gone
And I cried

High on this mountain
alone
I rise again and again
attempting the
descent
One day I will climb down
and begin again
But for now, right now 
I will cry

No comments:

Post a Comment