Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Heaven of a Damned Soul


http://www.twistedrootstudios.com



Quiet my deafening defiance
Quell the belittling beat
of relentless misunderstanding
burrowing into my soul...sick now
Heal the wounds....gaping
Offer a hand..... reach
out to mine
Bring me back to the truth of
myself
Or perhaps the lies
of this life that have been
lost on me

Can one build a life on
lies?

Hold my hand
Even when I pull away
Move in again
and hold me...please!
Tightly... let my tears come
As they burn me deep
and new
Let them heal me
outside...inside
Let them clear a path
for my smile
If she still resides within
this person I have
become

This smile hides within
I have felt her
In brief moments
as the sun hidden behind
the angry clouds
Never breaking the black billow
of these daunting sails
of the tempestuous Goddess
Sky

Will she ever shine again?

The heaven of a damned soul
is too far above
To be seen or felt or known
Others speak of it
It eludes this seagull souled
lost wanderer
Eating the remains of the lives
of unknown faces
From unknown places
Leaving their scraps....stories
of lives lived in laughter
and joy

Will I ever understand?

I know no grace of love
above
Drawn I am... to the depths
of despair
In disrepair I am....let me sink
as an unmanned ship on the
mighty seething sea
In my sinking perhaps I shall
find the end of my
days
lonely and so damn long
I speak only the
language of lamentations
now

How will I recognize joy should she find
me?
Can my tangled tongue be translated?

Let go my hand now
please
Let me capsize and sink
Let me feel the weight of our
mama crush me anew
Let me go
It's too much to walk the labor
this land offers
Sink my sick seagull soul in the sea

Perhaps I find my peace...
there in the depths
finally?

No comments:

Post a Comment