Monday, September 9, 2013

She Should Rain






The rain falls
marking the time
Metronome to my
metered
heart felt beat
ba boom, ba boom
Echoing through the spaces
in the room

The rain beats down upon the
roof
The running of nature's
feet
pitter pattering
across the rooftop
Setting out another beat

The ba boom and the
pitter patter
combined in sacred measure
Takin' me away to a place
where nothing else
matters

Pretty soon I am the rain
and I am the roof
I am the sky
Deep and dark night
blue
As I lay here wet and
alive
thinking of me and you

Lost in the pitter patter
of the rain
falling
Found in the ba boom
of the room...
alone
As my memories are
calling

Rain....
wash me
clean
All the way
back to the
times
I have stored in my
foggy aging
brain

Pretty soon I am us
again
Pretty soon I am smiling
Pretty soon the fool
in me
Is free to run across the
rooftops
wild and unchained

All because the deep dark
sky...so wise
decided she should....
rain

No comments:

Post a Comment