Saturday, September 21, 2013

Timber of the Tree......for Sharon

 
 
Capture the centuries
Carry the lineage
Stay connected
Dreamer of drama
Fool of folly
Sage of sinister behavior
 
Innocent are you?
 
Storybook bullshit
Endings unreal
Wisdom
wasted on
Caged freedom
 
Fires blazing
Forged failures
Beginnings banished
Free.... a nice idea
 
Heartland hurting
Memories mangled
Calling me to rearrange
 
Fretting my
family
The rise of the
sun
Misgivings mine?
Yearnings
yours?
 
Recapture myself
I must
Lead me to my
self
 
Innocent am I?
 
Staring over
No one owns my
path
Deep in my own heartlands
I call to my own
memories
peaceful
 
Burning the eyes of my ancestors
The age of my innocence
rising
now...
in the smoke
and
mirrors
of my own dreamer
fool and sage
 
My storybook cleared
of the cages
Forged in the past
chasing of the
days
of those who
walked before
me
 
Easy to see me
now
As the smoke of
my family failures 
passes away
 
Reflected in the
mirror is
the future I build
for me from
the
timber of the tree
of my
family....
 
chosen and
free
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment