Sunday, September 15, 2013

Wish Me Real




You found my love in a heap of
tangled tethers
The strings attached to my limbs
of lumber
You freed me from life's
inclement weather
And woke me from my deep
dead slumber
 
Like Geppetto... the master at wishing 
miracles true
You closed your eyes and began
the emancipation of me
You wanted better for this puppet....
my love to sprout anew
You opened  my wooden eyes..... blinded
and taught them how to see
 
And in time... as I learned to allow it
I was born again
Into a vibrant walking Goddess
so actively alive
 Loose and limber, open and true
my dancing limbs can bend!
And now, in love and life
I thrive!
 
Thank you, my Geppetto... miracle
wisher extraordinaire
You gave me back my joy, my heart
my soul
Feels good to dance with
severed strings, no longer there
I owe you so much for wishing me real
I just wanted you to know
 

No comments:

Post a Comment