Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Beat Below



When a love dies, can it revive?
and .....
if it draws a gifted breath again
Are Love's lungs filled in the same way?
Is the body reconnected love lives in
the same that it occupied
the first time around?

My body has been revived in the night
under the stars
In the beauty of a soft but mighty 
touch
so tender and true
You and I have walked a road long
Strewn with rocks
and stones
But, we both love the stones
and the rocks
We are a part of this earth
we walk together

We are a part of each other

Your body aches, it hurts me to see
your pain
Let me help you
You move forward towards
dreams long sought
I assisted those dreams in birthing
as we walked that stony road
I own my place beside you then
with great pride and gratitude
now
What was once rocky
is now smooth

Yes, my love for you is revived
I feel yours as a gentle hand
placed upon my heart
and a joined smile forming
as we speak into the
night
You connect to the beat below
the surface of me
so well, baby

We have found our way to
honesty, true and real
We have been given the peace of
no expectations
We wanted that all in the
beginning

Like the phoenix
we crashed and burned in the
flames of failure
it was
inevitable
Now, we are found to be
beautifully birthed
anew
in the embers
of our own successes...melded

I love you now
and always
In our re birthed wisdom...
the glory of our
grace and gratitude
So, you can hang up first
you can say good bye
to a moment
But never to me
I am here, always
A part of you

Cuz I love you
honestly
truly
real
safe
Smoooooooth



No comments:

Post a Comment