Friday, September 20, 2013

the turning.....



Seasonal changes
Life rearranges
constantly

The snap of the cool breezes 
took my attention
today
Post harvest moon
Pre-frost on
the waiting window sill
reality

The turn of the seasons

Summer, an elusive misty
long day's dream
As if I were locked in a
sauna
Hot stones sitting..... meeting the
liquid love
of the wet mistress
pouring over their hardened
bodies
So sweet is the hisssssssss
of release when they
connect
Steam rising...hot
and heavy
hanging in the room
Covering me

It took me months to
acclimate
to the humidity
And now, in the crave of
it
I am left wanting

Waiting game

Fall around the bend.....my most
kindred
sacred season
For I feel like those falling
leaves
As I have come home to the
deeper colors
of myself...so too
have they

We fall and flutter down like
dreams not  yet understood
to the growing mind of a
child
Landing lightly on the ground
Some day, these dreams
shall be recalled
as the child grows
I realize my dancing dreams
of childhood
this way now....when I can
fully understand
the falling....

The dance of the seasons

I nod in reverence to Winter
I am most in awe
of you, season of white
Season of rest
Season I have yet to fully
understand
Teach me to fall into you
too

This time, tutor me
In my 52nd turn of the frozen
wheel
Teach me about your bounty
of peace
The white blanket of truth
I allow you

The hunker down of our mama

And Spring....so distant as another
dream elusive
I await you like a fairy tale
princess in a secluded deep sleep
My prince will come
He will bring the sun.... pulling her
on a string magically
attached to his mighty steed

He will place the glowing orb above me
Illuminating my face
And he will lean in upon me
The heat of his heart will spark my
fire awake
                     Once again

She seems so far off, the Spring
For now, I will rest assured in the
promise of her
return
Surely she will come and bring
my prince
who brings the sun

The promise of my prince

Seasonal sequence once again
falling all around me
Like a dream I do not yet
understand

Teach me in the turning...



No comments:

Post a Comment