Wednesday, September 18, 2013

wingspan


http://www.twistedrootstudios.com

a scared gift....
life
too precious to let
fear take it
all away
 
looking down....
there you were just
below me
"come, friend, join me
up here
on the lift of the wind
it is safe here on the
waves of air....
take my hand"
 
but you were afraid...
you wanted to
your arms held tightly
to your side
hands like paddles
of wood
lifeless..... now
 
"no worries, friend
in the time gifted to you
when you know it
is safe
here I shall be"
 
and so we continued
our connected journey
 
as time passed I found
myself
looking down again
"where are you, friend...
see you I can not"
you did not answer, you
heard me not

dread and fear for the first
time
took hold of my humbled
heart
and in that moment of doubt
my drop began

the pending plummet caused
a cry from my core
"HELP ME!!"
and in all of the mangled danger...
in the perfect moment
a hand from above reached down
and caught me
breaking my fall

as I gazed upward...my eyes wild
with passing terror
I witnessed eyes I knew so
well
A gasp escaped my trembling
lips

and in the gifted grace of
time
I heard you say
"come, friend, join me
up here
on the lift of the wind
it is safe here on the
waves of air....
take my hand"

you.....
fearless, full of faith
in yourself
wingspan wide
wisdom
your compass
me by your
side
humbled once
again
by the precious
sacred surprises of
life

No comments:

Post a Comment